You are not logged in.

× Welcome to Cellar Dweller a place for brewers of all kinds to share recipes, ideas and build a database of information that we can all benefit from.

Have fun and enjoy yourselves here and try to play nice in the sandbox!

Please sign up to the site and help us build this community! If you would like to have any of your videos on the site or information please feel free to contact one of the administrators.

If there is any information in the forum that is missing or incorrect please contact the administrators. We are not gonna police you lot - please use common sense.

Also if you would like a section added let us know, we have endeavoured to cover all bases but you never know it is after all your community to build.

We have a lot of exciting things planned for the future and we hope YOU can be a part of it!

Cheers!

Hello from Derbyshire! Loving the Robobrew so far :)

• morganjsilk
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #3911 by morganjsilk
Hello from the UK and thanks for the add!

I'm Morgan, I've been brewing BIAB for the last 4 years and now have a shiny new Robobrew 35L.

I want to thank Gash for all your hard work... I've learned so much from you and really appreciate what you do.
Your Beersmith profiles helped me get going with my first brew day with the Robobrew yesterday and for that I'm so grateful. 79% efficiency and 24L in the fermenter before Sunday lunch... can't be bad :)

Looking forward to spending some time on here, I've learned so much from you guys already and brewing really has become great therapy!

Keep up the great work and Cheers to all!

Morgan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #3912 by Gash
G'day Morgan, Welcome and cheers! Wow thats a great first brew on the system! Hope it turns out well mate! Cheers!!

• morganjsilk
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #3913 by morganjsilk
Cheers mate!

Your profiles are now being discussed on the Brewzilla/ Robobrew facebook group so you'll probably have a few more subscribers after them. I was asked to share them on there but I declined as you made them and you should get the credit... I know you're probably not bothered about stuff like that but I wanted people to watch your vids and get behind what you're doing. Anyway, I'm about to top crop this kveik yeast I'm fermenting the brew with... it's day 2 so I hope I'm not too late as it can finish in 48 hrs. If you've not tried it before it could be worth a go... it's happy to ferment at 35C so may be perfect for fast Summer brewing down under :)
Cheers!

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #3914 by Gash
Yep, thanks for that! I've actually just started the cold crash of my first Kveik brew! Just a hoppy pale, fermented at 30c. Krausen was dropping after 24hrs, so dry hopped, and left it a few days, pitched Friday, dry hopped Saturday and crashed today, Tuesday!
Cheers mate!

• morganjsilk
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #3915 by morganjsilk
Haha, fantastic! I hope it turns out well mate, it's my first go with kveik too! I've done a Summer Lightning type pale ale but I'm not dry hopping this one as I want to retain slurry and make some dried yeast too. Apparently it keeps in the freezer for 20 years once air dried. Sounds bonkers. Have you checked out Larsblog? Lots of info about kveik strains and harvesting techniques on there. www.garshol.priv.no/blog/393.html

Cheers!

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #3916 by Gash
I used the fermentasaurus so I just took off the yeast bottle before dry hopping. I have read a little bit of Lars and I must read more! Cheers!

• morganjsilk
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #3917 by morganjsilk
Nice one.Sounds like a more intelligent way of doing it! :)

There's a list of strains on Lars which shows whether each prefers harvesting from the top or bottom. Well worth trying both though I reckon.

Going to top crop right now if there's any krausen left. Cheers mate and good luck with the Kveik!

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top