You are not logged in.

Surfers XPA - BOBs Beer

More
2 years 5 months ago #5488 by Wood
Surfers XPA - BOBs Beer was created by Wood
Hi there,

Just finished brewing the above recipe as per what you did on YouTube (and in using your brxwfather recipe), and I have a question about the fermentation process.

I have just got the fermenter, which is a bog standard plastic fermenter (which has done me no wrong!)  to 18 degrees for the first four days.

Should I do the dry hop during the 4 days of 20 degree fermentation?
Also for the cold conditioning, is that done in the fermenter before bottling? I am going to be bottling using carbonation drops as I am not at the keg stage yet.

Loving your videos and enjoying trying out your recipes. Also I had to substitute Galaxy hops for the Topaz as my brew shop had no Topaz!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #5491 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Surfers XPA - BOBs Beer
just check the ferment if it looks like its slowed down, add the hops, and raise the temp, it should be done in 3 to 4 to 5 days, and when done cold crash in fermenter, and bottle normally. Cheers!

More
2 years 5 months ago #5504 by Wood
Replied by Wood on topic Surfers XPA - BOBs Beer
Awesome, thanks. Another silly question regarding the bottling.
After the cold crash, and bottling ( with carbonation drops), when sitting in the bottles, should they be back up to the 19-20 degree mark to carbonate for a couple of weeks?
Sorry for the noob questions, this is only the second run through the Brewzilla my mate and I have done!

More
2 years 5 months ago #5505 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Surfers XPA - BOBs Beer
yes, usually 2 weeks is enough for carbonation, if they are actually at that 18-20c temp, cooler longer, hotter faster cheers! If you dont know you can whack a bottle in the fridge overnight, check next day see how they are going . cheers!

More
2 years 5 months ago #5506 by Wood
Replied by Wood on topic Surfers XPA - BOBs Beer
Awesome! Thanks for the prompt reply! Your videos and forum are the most helpful things I’ve found in my journey into home brewing!!

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top