You are not logged in.

All Grain Virgin

More
4 years 8 months ago #4136 by KT
All Grain Virgin was created by KT
G'day brewers. I've recently bought a Brewzilla 65L. First up, I'll be just doing single batches until I get my head around it all. I've brewed cans for years, just fairly basic stuff but not bad! Reading a lot of this is a lot to take in. I got a water profile analysis sent to me and it's all over the place, mainly Mg and Ca. So I'm going to ignore the 10,000mg/L for each and just get my pH right. Beersmith is confusing me. It doesn't have the Brewzilla in the equip profile and even if it did, I'm not doing full batches.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
KT
I've attached a copy of the water analysis they sent.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #4137 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic All Grain Virgin
Thing is you"ll be using salts to adjust your pH, well, you may be. I havent got my glasses right now and have buckleys of reading that hahaha ,I'll try and have a look later today when I get on my desktop.Cheers!

More
4 years 8 months ago #4138 by KT
Replied by KT on topic All Grain Virgin
Just a side note Gash, the water I will be using will be filtered through a carbon filter to get rid of the Chlorine.

More
4 years 8 months ago #4139 by Gash
Ok I've had a look, for the last hour so ... trying play with your water.. and the pH is going to need be lowered, how much depends on how much mash water youre using and what grains.
I havent seen any purpose built single batch profiles, I've been working on one myself but its not quite there yet. For the time being just going have to lower the batch size in the profile. I can't help with volumes etc without knowing a recipe at least.
Your is challenging too, but we can probably get around that.
to give you a rough idea though I put in your water profile and 5.5kg of base malt and said 27L for mash. The pH without adjustments is 5.73. Now it would probably work fine like that, but yeah when people play with pH they usually want to get it down to 5.4 or something. I entered 300g of acidulated malt and it got it down to 5.48.

Im guessing you have a ph meter? It would be good to test it so you get real idea of where its at.

More
4 years 8 months ago #4140 by Gash
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

More
4 years 8 months ago #4141 by Gash
Thats just ph like you asked, without adjusting water. Where are you located?
You really just gotta dive in and give it a shot. I've run out of time this arvo, but will look again at it later. Cheers!

More
4 years 8 months ago #4142 by KT
Replied by KT on topic All Grain Virgin
Cheers mate, I appreciate your input. I live in Moama, just moved. Yes, I have a pH meter, a beverage doctor. I'm going to follow other recipes, for now, I prefer hoppy aroma Pale Ales and I'll work on those. How do I find your recipes on beersmith?

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top