You are not logged in.

Extract or all grain

• Richard
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #4240 by Richard
Extract or all grain was created by Richard
I have been doing extract for about 14 months now and have had some good results and some ok ones. I'm steeping and adding hops got a temp controlled fridge and just started kegging. My next step is a robobrew or something similar. Does the step to algrain make a big difference in the quality of my brews. Extract takes about an hour and a half where as algrain can take 6 hours.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #4241 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic Extract or all grain
My personal opinion Richard is that although you can make great beer with extract brewing and strait out Kit and kilo if you have a few clues.
All grain gives you total flexibility with your brew. You can control your mash your ph ,your water profile, even chilling. Adding your own yeast nutrient and finnings. Its really a process of crafting your beer and making it your own. Does it taste better at the end of the day, my opinion is yes it does. and your learning how the process works and I think that is important to learn and constantly improve the quality of you beer.
Don't get me wrong I still brew kits to save time and its good but in my reality all grain has so many advantages working towards a better product. And ive never made a kit brew that is anywhere near as good as my all grain.
Keep brewing and keep learning, there is so much to learn. Enjoy mate. Only my personal view. cheers

ity

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top