You are not logged in.

× Welcome to Cellar Dweller a place for brewers of all kinds to share recipes, ideas and build a database of information that we can all benefit from.

Have fun and enjoy yourselves here and try to play nice in the sandbox!

Please sign up to the site and help us build this community! If you would like to have any of your videos on the site or information please feel free to contact one of the administrators.

If there is any information in the forum that is missing or incorrect please contact the administrators. We are not gonna police you lot - please use common sense.

Also if you would like a section added let us know, we have endeavoured to cover all bases but you never know it is after all your community to build.

We have a lot of exciting things planned for the future and we hope YOU can be a part of it!

Cheers!

Brand new brewer says hello

• xenon
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #1288 by xenon
Brand new brewer says hello was created by xenon
How are we all?!

Haven't put down my first batch yet. Going all grain straight up. Probably ambitious, but if I fail i'll let you all know. Not one to do it by halves. Probably an amber recipe from this site. So cheers in advance for that.

Still need a couple pieces of equipment. Most importantly a hurricane burner as I do not have the ability to brew in the kitchen (just to small)and too far away. So has to be in the garage. Got my fridge, STC-1000, Pot and fermentation equipment. Got some sweet stainless fittings on order from Ali Express for my mash tun. Going to bottle as kegging a little pricey just now even though draught is the way forward and I havent even made a single beer yet

I work in the electrical wholesale industry and am currently helping a mate make an electric brewery (50 litre plus system)and adding a 32 amp circuit into his house. so i can potentially help with electrical matters. I'm not an electrician and I live in Dorkland NZ. Help point you in the right direction if thats your thing.

Cheer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 11 months ago #1289 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Brand new brewer says hello
G'day mate!

That's a big first step! But a very achievable one. Good Luck!

I'm interested in what size/type/number of elements you will be using for your mates 50L+ system!

Maybe take some photos etc of it and your brew day too!

Cheers Gash

• xenon
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #1290 by xenon
Replied by xenon on topic Brand new brewer says hello
Will get some pics. He'll owe me a go to..lol. I'm saving him a few bucks. I think (don't quote me) but each element will be 2200 watts. Plus a pump, Herms Coil and stuff. Its based on theelectricbrewery.com. Total draw 5500 watts or a brew pot alone of 5500 watts. Will know soon enough. The 32A circuit goes in soon and over the next 3-6 months it should all be up and running. 32A is a future proofer. To start we were talking about 20amp draw

Cheers for the encouragement. Thanks to guys like yourself i'm pretty well informed. Really stoked on the recipes available

• Pebbbles
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 11 months ago #1312 by Pebbbles
Replied by Pebbbles on topic Brand new brewer says hello
WELCOME to Cellar Dweller :D best of luck with everything---- Brewing the best hobby on the planet <3

Pebbbs

• Dullahan Brewing
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 11 months ago #1315 by Dullahan Brewing
Replied by Dullahan Brewing on topic Brand new brewer says hello
Welcome to the site,gret bunch of people here,always willing to help.Yur mates build sounds interesting, if ya get a chance stick up a few pics please. I am also interested in the elements and the breakers or circuitery needed to run them like Gash. :blink:

• xenon
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #1317 by xenon
Replied by xenon on topic Brand new brewer says hello
Hope this isn't a double response. Cant see where the first reply has gone :blink:

Just had him round. Wants it up and running in next 3 months. A 32AMP circuit is going in his house very soon. In NZ under home owner wiring regs you can do this right up to the board yourself. If you want a parts list for this circuit PM me. I will say 32 amp is absolutely overkill. Its a future proof thing. NB: house circuit is only rated for 10amps or 2400W

So his system is a 50 liter. The control box will be capable of much more and it will be expandable. For when we go pro of course B) :lol: :whistle: It is using 2200 watt elements. 2 for boil. 2 for HLT. HERMS is in a modified 2200 watt jug. I have tried to explain that this level of draw/watts is overkill. 5500W is a future boil pot. He has money but not the time and wants maximum attack heating then ramp back

The box is based on theelectricbrewery.com. Solid state relays. PID's. RTD temp probes. Timers and Buzzers. He will be able to set up a mash schedule and walk away. I should probably setup a new thread under equipment. I have a pic of the board as it sits right now. Will start new thread.

Cheers

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top