You are not logged in.

Robobrew / Beersmith profile for small batch brews

• peter01010101
  • peter01010101's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 1 week ago - 6 years 1 week ago #3181 by peter01010101
G'day Gash,
I've been using your Robobrew Beersmith profile and mash profile for my 23L batches and found them spot on. I have got a couple of smaller (9.5L) kegs and looking to do some small batch brews. My question is regarding the Beersmith profile I should use.

I am looking to scale my existing recipes down to the smaller volume

Do I just adjust the batch size to 11.5L and estimated pre-boil volume to 19.5L in my existing Robobrew profile or do I need to create a specific profile for that volume and nominate that profile when using the SCALE RECIPE tool ?

Cheers
Last edit: 6 years 1 week ago by peter01010101.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 week ago #3182 by Gash
If you dont mind winging the first one yes something like that should get you close, I think there maybe some teething problems in it, maybe boil off could be more due to the less liquid, that could be tested with water first if you had the time. I havent got the time to have play with that myself tonight bu you are on the right track. Take a lot of notes on everything, it might take a few brews to adjust a new profile for smaller brews, probably something I should do too for huge stouts and things I dont want 23L of. Cheers Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: peter01010101

• peter01010101
More
6 years 1 week ago #3184 by peter01010101
Replied by peter01010101 on topic Robobrew / Beersmith profile for small batch brews
Cheers thanks for the Gash. I plan on a brew tomorrow and will run with the modified volumes in my existing profile. I wil see how it goes and maybe reverse engineer a new profile. I can always top up if the boil off is to much.

• peter01010101
More
6 years 6 days ago #3187 by peter01010101
Replied by peter01010101 on topic Robobrew / Beersmith profile for small batch brews
Had a crack at this today - brewed the Brew Dog Galaxy recipe you helped me with the other day scaled to 11.5L. I think the full grain bill for this recipe might have been a bit of a struggle for me in the RB anyway, but easy as at the smaller volume.
I used the original RB profile with the volumes adjusted down and it worked fine - 12(ish)L mash in was perfect. As you predicted, the only little issue was the boil off rate. The final volume was down about 600 - 700ml. All the other numbers were spot on resulting in an SG of 1.061
If I get a chance over the next few days I will do a test boil with water and measure the actual boil-off and create a small batch profile.
Thanks again for your help.
Cheers. Peter

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top