Temp Controlled Fridge Setup

• m3taL_Brewer
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 2 months ago #326 by m3taL_Brewer
Temp Controlled Fridge Setup was created by m3taL_Brewer
Hey Guys,

Just thought id show my new STC-1000 Controller that iv just rigged up to control the temp of my Fermentation.

It lives up on the fridge, all connections are furroled and iv then cabletied the 3 leads to the unit so no pressure gets put on the connections at all...

will be my first brew that iv got in at the moment that will be fully controlled iv been doing it manually but obviously the hot days and long work hours make me overshoot a 4-5c swing some days... However no more!!

Cost me about $30 all up worth every $1 of it....

Cheers

Jamey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 2 months ago #328 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Temp Controlled Fridge Setup
Yeah good little controllers them, cheap too! Cheerz!

• Dullahan Brewing
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 2 months ago #374 by Dullahan Brewing
Replied by Dullahan Brewing on topic Temp Controlled Fridge Setup
I wpuld be very interested in how you set this up as i have a spare fridge i want to use with my heat wrap to keep proper ferment temp.

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 2 months ago #379 by Gash
I'm just about to do a quick video on my temp controllers, but as for wiring descriptions I don't like to post it because I don't want anyone to get electrocuted or die from following my instructions, but I will post this picture, its how I do mine and it is one of the safest as it includes a fuse. I modified this to use the ends of extension cords rather than the sockets they use, but wiring is exactly the same

File Attachment:

I have mine in a converted lunchbox/tuperware type container.

File Attachment:

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 2 months ago #380 by Gash
I control my heat by a light globe or reptile tank heater so I can store bottles carbonating in there too. Using a heat wrap you would have to tape the temperature probe to the side of the fermenter and cover it with a piece of foam or something to insulate it from the ambient temp in the fridge, you could use a piece of drink cooler/stubbie holder or even just a piece of styrofoam.

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 2 months ago #381 by Gash
like this
File Attachment:

• m3taL_Brewer
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 2 months ago #384 by m3taL_Brewer
Replied by m3taL_Brewer on topic Temp Controlled Fridge Setup
pretty much what i will be doing also gash,reptile heat lamp.

Inside my fridge iv sealed up all the airports of the fan that go to the freezer section and have opened up the duct to the fridge 100% iv then taken the duct off iside the fridge so it just has a direct port from the fan to the top of the fridge duct.

Basicly it pumps freezing cold air straight in to the fridge section so running time is minimized and efficiency of cooling is increased.

looking into building another fan in between freezer and fridge sections, then insulating the back of the freezer where the Ice deck is to try and regulate a temp the whole way through the fridge/freezer....

then i can condition/carb bottles in winter up in the freezer section as the heat will rise up in there and then when its summer i can hopfully carb/condition up there at around 20c also.

I meadel with stuff way too much..... side effect of boredom...... Self confessed King of diy :P

• munisingbeer
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 2 months ago #398 by munisingbeer
Replied by munisingbeer on topic Temp Controlled Fridge Setup
I have 2 STC1000's I use one on my keezer for controlling dispensing(this one has no heat circuit set up), and the other is in my Fermenting freezer and it has a 100 watt light bulb for heat. love em, and for the price it's hard to beat.

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top