You are not logged in.

I've Got A Big One

• Dullahan Brewing
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 7 months ago #1042 by Dullahan Brewing
I've Got A Big One was created by Dullahan Brewing
Arrived the other day, 98 litres of SS shinyness :woohoo: Its so pretty i don't want to drill it now :blink:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 6 months ago #1043 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic I've Got A Big One
Nice pot mate! Too nice to put holes in lol Hmm I'd love one of those!

• Dullahan Brewing
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 6 months ago #1044 by Dullahan Brewing
Replied by Dullahan Brewing on topic I've Got A Big One
Thanks m8, the hole saws arrived so i will be drilling and assembling the keg setup probably the weekend. I this pot is fucking huge, its 50cmx50cm WxH. I don't want to drill it now i see it but i have little choice really, going to see if i can get a pro to do it for me first i think.

• Dullahan Brewing
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 6 months ago #1048 by Dullahan Brewing
am finding that cutting 38mm holes in even aluminium kegs is not as easy as i first thought, impossible to avoid drill bit wobble even at low speeds and with plenty wd-40 ,i only hope the wobble factor does not throw off the hole size too much as tolerances are pretty tight.

• Dullahan Brewing
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 6 months ago #1049 by Dullahan Brewing
Some of ye have seen the monster above, its going to be my electric wort boiler so do i need a sight glass kit ? I have looked over here and nobody has a complete ball valve/sight- glass/thermometer kit for sale. In fact i have yet to see a complete kit for sale in UK either. I know that to buy this complete setup will cost a few bob but honestly i just want it done and dusted ready to rock. Any links would be appreciated keeping in mind price + shipping to Ireland. Cheers guys. :woohoo:

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 6 months ago #1051 by Gash
visitors are going home in a few hours, then I'll have a look at some sight glasses for you. I got mine from here .

www.ibrew.com.au/search?q=sight

I'll check out post from here, USA and stuff

• camstans
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 6 months ago #1067 by camstans
Replied by camstans on topic I've Got A Big One
of all the hours of browsing anything about how brew i never came across this site.

they got some cool stuff in there, cheers !

now who wants to by me a hop rocket???

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 6 months ago #1068 by Gash
Yeah mate, its not a bad shop! I think a lot of their stuff is the same as Keg King, but there seems to be some different stuff as well!

• Dullahan Brewing
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 4 months ago #1144 by Dullahan Brewing
Merry Christmas to one and all, i know it's Christmas and all but i have a question. I am currently sitting here looking at my SS stock pot (98 litres) and i was marking it out earlier where i would install my two kettle elements from a normal tea kettle.

Plan was to have it marked out ready for drilling by the weekend. It occurred to me that this thing is really massive (50cm x 50cm) and i am not sure now that two kettle elements will be enough to boil any more than 30-40 litres.

My question is how much wort are two kettle elements capable of bringing to a rolling boil and holding it there for 90 minutes without blowing every fuse in the house ? I don't want to install any more than two elements as i feel it would be too clumsy and cluttered. If it comes to it down the road and i decide to brew a double batch or bigger( think 50 litres and upwards) which granted is not likely to happen, could i use gas on this even though i have kettle elements installed ? :unsure:

• Dullahan Brewing
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 4 months ago #1145 by Dullahan Brewing
Ok i realise that i am imagining boogeymen where there are none (probably) BUT if i was to loan this out to anyone else for a big brew day or for a club event hypothetically, can it be put on a propane burner with the two kettle elements installed but not plugged in ? I don't want to bollix up potential future usage by installing two kettle elements now if it can't be used on gas for a big boil with them still inserted down the road. ???

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top